Lost Highway is the soundtrack album for the 1997 David Lynch film of the same name.
It was produced by Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails), and includes original music from the film recorded by Reznor, Angelo Badalamenti and Barry Adamson, as well as songs by other artists used in the film.
Two songs by Rammstein—”Rammstein” and “Heirate Mich”—were included after Lynch listened to their 1995 debut album Herzeleid while exploring locations for the film.
Why both songs were edited for this soundtrack, instead of using the original album versions, is unknown.
Release Date: 26 november 1996
- David Bowie – I’m Deranged (edit)
- Trent Reznor – Videodrome/Questions
- Nine Inch Nails – Perfect Drug
- Angelo Badalamenti – Red Bats With Teeth
- Angelo Badalamenti – Haunting And Heartbreaking
- Smashing Pumpkins – Eye
- Angelo Badalamenti – Dub Driving
- Barry Adamson – Mr Eddy’s (theme 1)
- Lou Reed – This Magic Moment
- Barry Adamson – Mr Eddy’s (theme 2)
- Angelo Badalamenti – Fred And Renee Make Love
- Marilyn Manson – Apple Of Sodom
- Antonio Carlos Jobim – Insensatez
- Barry Adamson – Something Wicked This Way Comes (edit)
- Marilyn Manson – I Put A Spell On You
- Angelo Badalamenti – Fats Revisited
- Angelo Badalamenti – Fred’s World
- Rammstein – Rammstein (edit)
- Barry Adamson – Hollywood Sunset
- Rammstein – Heirate Mich (edit)
- Angelo Badalamenti – Police
- Trent Reznor – Driver Down
- David Bowie – I’m Deranged (reprise)